Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Another cold and gloomy morning out there in the back yard. The pending storm has the morning gang all in a tizzy and out of sync. The squirrels are late, and there are only three or four Cardinals here this morning. My one lone Robin is here and makes itself comfortable flapping all of the warm water out of the heated bird bath. How it doesn't freeze is a wonder to me. God's designs for nature never cease to amaze me.

 I do have a major battle going on though between a flock of Starlings. They completely cleaned out all of the bark butter paste and pellt containers yesterday and I didn't refill them last night. So, there has been a Starling knife fight going on for the past half an hour over micro-crumbs of "the good stuff" when the ground is covered with remnants of kicked out sunflower seeds from all of the feeders.


No comments:

Post a Comment