Saturday, February 22, 2014

Its a sunny Saturday and all is well here on the sunporch. Julie and the Barkingtons arrived yesterday afternoon and are now out here with me. I think we are on pot two from the old coffee pot. The dogs have been in and out and in and out numerous times. But the yard is clear of squirrels and will continue to be until they head back home tomorrow afternoon.

I spent several hours out in the yard yesterday raking up winter and late fall stuff. The two huge tulip poplars drop all of their seed pods in the late fall and there were twigs etc that all needed to be cleaned up. I'm maybe forty percent done in the back yard and still have a long way to go in the rest of the yard. The ground is starting to thaw pretty good and that makes things really mushy in some places.

There are lots and lots of spring bulbs sticking their leaves up out of the ground. I have a large pussy willow immediately out side the sunporch door. It is the tree that holds so many of my bird feders. I noticed yesterday that the blooms on it are popping out all over it. That is my best indication that spring is truly upon us.

Mornings here on the porch watching what is going on is such a great glimpse of God's universe. One can only imagine what the world was like before God introduced man to it. I wonder what my little patch of this world looked like. When we read our Bibles and the story of creation --- we think of it happening "over there" in Bible land. We forget that God touches a world all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment