Monday, February 24, 2014

It is very obvious this morning that the Barkingtons are gone back home. Chatter from the top of the tree was evident that the "all clear" sign was being sent. It didn't long for the squirrels to come back down and begin having their breakfast without worry of two dogs chasing them around the yard.

I think the word used in the Bambi movie was "twitterpated". It would appear that many of my fine feathered friends are in fact twitterpated today. The different species have seemingly "paired-up" and are staying in constant close contact with one another. It hasn't gotten to the state of a back yard orgy yet but maybe they are sneaking off to the holly trees for that --- as the holly trees provide more cover and "intimacy" as it were. It won't be long until I start seeing birds carrying bits of grass and mud etc to build their nests.

God is stringing together more pretty days than nasty ones. Its cool outside but the sun is shining and that just makes the day seem so much warmer than it really is. As I sit out here on the porch on a morning like this though, it is easy to drift back off to snooze-land. I think my brain has already switched to daylight saving time as I'm seeing an extra hour in the morning as I crawl out of bed. So when I take my cup of coffee out to the porch and sit in my recliner with a light throw to cover me up  -- sometimes the coffee gets a little cold before I finish it. My life is so good and I totally realize that I am truly blessed.

I have a lot of work to get done today down in my office. The Lenten season starts next week with Ash Wednesday and there will be extra services etc to work on. Again --- God has blessed me with these two wonderful churches that I am privileged to serve.

As you read my blog today, take a deep breath, close your eyes and say a prayer of gratitude your personal blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment