Thursday, February 13, 2014

What a beautiful morning! The sky is clear blue and the sun is shining brightly. The yard is still snow covered but there has been a lot of melting. Weather guys say we will get more snow tomorrow and I really hope it doesn't happen.

I need to fill the feeders again today. Ms. Kate and I went to the bird food stores yesterday to restock. We spent another $125.00 on bird feed. That happens at least once a month. That is another reason to look forwad to spring and summer; they have other sources of food then and it don't cost me as much. We easily go through 700 pounds of black oil sunflower seed a year, not to mention all of the other foods like suet cakes and seed cakes etc. Sitting here in the sun porch, watching the guys entertain me is not a free show! But --- if I didn't have the food out there I wouldn't have the birds either.

I hope today brings you a sense of peace in your life. I firmly believe we choose each morning what kind of day we are going to have. A cheery "good morning" exchange every morning between Ms. Kate and I just starts my day off right. Add to that a prayer of thanksgiving for my blessings and a warm cup of coffee out here in the sun porch and life is excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment