Friday, May 14, 2021

 Here we are at the end of another work week. TGIF, I suppose. Although, if you don’t have an everyday job, it’s just another day isn’t it? One of the drawbacks to being “retired” is not having holidays and “days off to look forward to. Even though I’m not fully retired, I still get lost in the time thing and forget about holidays. If it weren’t for having to recognize some of them through the church, I’d probably miss most of them. 

I went to see my friend again yesterday who had the accident with his garage. Wow, what a mess he made. He is so very fortunate. Obviously, God was watching over him. The whole back wall is gone and I’m not sure about the stability of the building. I had to smile at him though; we were inside the garage looking at the damage and as we walked out, he reached up and latched the door to lock it; and I thought to myself, — “Uh, there’s np back end on the building, why are you locking this door?”  But habit is habit. 

Today I need to mow the yards for sure. There is rain predicted for the next week off and on. Today is the last full day of sunshine without danger of rain. If I don’t mow today, it won’t get done before it gets tooo tall and then it will look like crapola. I certainly won’t have time tomorrow because I’ll “be in class” for six hours via Zoom. Yuk. I wish I thought it was going to be something to be interesting to me instead of something to be endured for the duration of the class. But, it is what it is and it is a requirement of the church denomination.  I think I told you, it is a Boundary Training class to teach us how to talk and think so that we don’t offend anyone. The people that think this stuff up never stop to think that they are maybe offending those of us that they are forcing this stuff on. Nor do they care which I think makes the whole thing an oxymoron. 

Ms. Kate made a delicious dinner last evening. I had asked her to six spaghetti with shrimp and asparagus for dinner which she did. It’s one of my favorites. Although, she makes a lot of things that are my favorite. Let’s face it — she’s a great cook. That’s amazing since she never learned to cook when she was young. But we have lots of cookbooks around here and she has even compiled one of her own. Each of the girls has a copy of it. 

Enough for today, I got to get busy. Have a blessed weekend. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment