Tuesday, May 11, 2021

 It’s a very cool Tuesday morning; 42 degrees but the sun is bright and the breeze is light. (Did you catch that little rhyme?). My backyard guests are very unhappy this morning, It looks like every feeder is empty. . I’m going to stop here and fill some for them. 

Okay, I think that will hold them for a bout two days I have a couple of sunflower seed feeders that are empty right up by the window but that’s okay because there are other feeders out there have have sunflower seed in them. I mainly wanted to fill the bark butter paste and pellet feeders because the woodpeckers and the bluebirds and grosbeaks are coming to those. Of course sine I as out there walking around they have flown off but they will be back in three minutes or less. And, — if they aren’t, somehow the starlings will get the word that the Buffet has been refilled. 

I had a really great morning yesterday. I actually did my first Nursing Home visitation since the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Places are starting to open up again. Nursing homes shut down and residents could have no visitors for the last year except to see their loved ones out the window of their rooms. It was so sad. People actually lost loved ones and could not be with them in their last moments. But, yesterday I went to see a couple  that are in an assisted living facility. They have rooms right across the hall from one another and he spends all day in her room. He pushes down to the dining room, and he feeds her. It is so wonderful that they can be together like that. It was great to be able to go see them. I had to wear a mask to get in of course and they took my temperature as I entered. But once I go to their room I could take my mask off because they have had their COVID vaccine and so have I.  From there I went to visit another parishioner. It was so great to be able to feel like I was doing my “whole job” instead of just writing sermons and preaching. The “pastoral” part of my job is my favorite part, getting to visit with folks and listening to what is going on in their lives. 

I’m not sure what I’m going to put on my list of things to get done today. It was very comfortable being out side but the ground is really too wet to do anything with. I went through a new Peony Catalouge last night and picked out some new ones to buy. I’m not sure where we would put them though. I don’t want tp start a new flowerbed. Lord knows we have enough now. But, we do love our peonies around here. I have no dead hair many w have at the moment. But —- maybe I can find a spot. They need sunshine and that leave the entire backyard yard out because of our trees. Hmmmmm. 

That’s it for today. I hope you get a chance to relax some and enjoy the day. God created a good one for you. Peace. 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment