Monday, May 24, 2021

 Good morning! Happy new week and the last week of May; can ya’ believe it? It is a hot one already this morning. It is now 81 degrees at 1100 and is going up to 90 today. The humidity is still not as bad as it can get but it is bad enough. 

I started my new week off with some sad news. My cousin Debbie texted me that she lost her mom last night. My Aunt Louise was 88 years old and was a joy to be around. She was always my favorite. She was genuine, she was fun and her laughter was infectious. She was someone I could talk to and grouse to when  things were not going well between me and my mother. Aunt Louise was the last member of that generation of the family. That makes me the eldest family member now. We are going to miss her. 

Services went well yesterday at both churches. I thought there might be more people there since it was Pentecost Sunday, perhaps they stayed home and watched it on the television. This coming Sunday is Memorial Day weekend and I suspect that will also diminish the crowd. We start our All-Parish worship service this Sunday and they will run through August. So far the weather forecast for Sunday is fantastic and that is perfect because we are doing an outdoor worship service. One of the parishioners has a couple of large tents and will set those up. I am really looking forward to that\.

I’m writing a little later this morning because I went out first thing this morning to beat the heat and hoed the garden and watered all of the plants with a Miracle Gro solution. I pulled up a bunch of my radishes Saturday because they had gone to seed. I need to pull the rest up too. My squash look great and has blossoms on it, he tomatoes are getting bigger\ but the cucumber plant just sits there as does the Swiss-chard and Basil. The peas are looking good and the potatoes look great. My okra isn’t doing much either so far. I hope by watering with the Miracle -Gro things will now start to take off. And, now that we are hopefully past all of the crazy changes in temperature, stuff will settle down and grow. 

That’s about it for today. I hope you have a very happy week. Walk with God. Peace.

\









No comments:

Post a Comment