Wednesday, May 19, 2021

 Good afternoon. What a pleasant afternoon it has turned out to be. It is currently 80 degrees and a nice breeze is blowing. I’ve been sitting here watching the. Birds at the freshly refilled Backyard Buffet and listening to the sound of the Corinthian Chimes as they steadily sway back and forth in the breeze. I would call that enough to lull a guy into a nap except the dang phone keeps ringing from Robo-calls. Of course if you answer it, there is no one on the line. I wish I could know where the profit is in all of that. Do they make money if I just pick up the phone or what. I’ve done some reading on them and the problem is getting worse. Sigh!!!

We did have a busy day yesterday. We did three loads of laundry, not that big but still, —- went to the grocery store and bought a couple of hundred bucks worth of groceries. That’s what happens when you put off going, and put off going, and then go when you’re hungry. LOL But, we are well stocked for daily eating and part of that was stuff for the upcoming vacation trip. 

I spent a good deal of my evening talking with another of my licensed minister contemporaries. It’s a tough time for those of us in the conservative mind set. As Licensed Pastors our tenure is debatable every year and no one pays any attention to what we think within the Ordained Clergy circles. It gets a bit frustrating. But we either press on or we move on. 

Time to get the stuff out for supper. I think we will do some leftovers tonight: pasta with shrimp is a great “left over”. 

I pray you will have a blessed evening and a good night. If you haven’t taken time to give praise and thank to God yet today, please do before you pull the covers up over your head. Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment