Saturday, May 8, 2021

 Saturday morning, the 8th of May, 2021. Forty-six years ago today I graduated with my BA and at the ceremony Ms. Kate pinned my little gold 2nd Lt. Bars on my shoulders. I still remember the master of ceremonies saying, “Well, at least one of them got a job”. It was the beginning of a great military career that I thought might go twenty years and with any luck at all I could retire as a Lt. Col. As it turned out, I was extremely fortunate that the career went thirty two years and I retired as a Colonel. God has a way and God has a plan. That plan allowed me to retire with a great pension and benefits. That in turn allowed me to “get on with God’s plan” and become a licensed minister with the United Church of Christ and accept the position as pastor of a couple of small rural churches that needed a pastor but don’t have a large budget. God has a way, God has a plan. I’m still there. 

Ms. Kate and I are going out to a graduation party this afternoon. Her great-nephew  has graduated with his master’s degree and is having a small drop by occasion to celebrate. He’s a great kid that has faced a lot of challenges in his short life and is doing extremely well with his accomplishments. 

Julie has come over from New Albany and is working today at the bookstore at the University of Evansville to help out Becky, the manager there. Becky has two graduations to set up UE paraphernalia for. Parents and grandparents will want to buy stuff from their graduate’s school. It’s always a good money and sales day. 

That’s it for today. Just dropping by for a quick “howdy” and hoping you are doing well. If you are a mom that is reading this, Have a blessed Mother’s Day tomorrow. Peace. 





No comments:

Post a Comment