Thursday, May 13, 2021

 Good morning and a happy Thursday morning to you. It is a beautiful morning once again, still cool and a bit breezy. I wouldn't want to walk around outside in a swim suit and flip flops. Maybe later when the temperature guts up past 65. LOL

I don't have anything in particular on my agenda today which only means I have time to get a lot of "stuff" done or take it easy and do nothing and let all of the "stuff" just wait. I do know that we need to run to the grocery store today to pick up some green onions for inclusion in tonight's dinner and I need to get a can or two of coffee. Never want to run out of coffee -- that would be disastrous. I also want to go finish up my cleaning up of the north side of the house. It should not take me as long as it did the other day and I'll feel much better if I finish the job. 

I got started on my Memorial Day weekend worship service last night. I have the actual service done; I just need to write the sermon. I think I'm going to use John 3:1-17, the story of Nicodemus making the night time visit to talk to Jesus. It's a good story with a lot of messages for us to apply to our lives. 

I went to see my friend yesterday after we finished up at the churches. He was in a heck of a fix. He's a good ten years older than me and he had gotten his lawn mower stuck in a ditch. So, while he went and got his truck to pull it out,  I walked down to the mower and waited to help him. We did get it out of the ditch and he drove his truck back up to the garage while I put the mower in the barn. Ms. Kate and I left and he was going to put his truck back inside of his garage. Well, somehow his foot got stuck and he shot into the garage, taking out the freezer, refrigerator, and the back wall. At that he panicked, I guess, put it in reverse and shot backwards out of the garage, across the driveway and into the bean field. Bless his heart. I should have offered to put the truck in the garage for him. The good news is that he wasn't hurt at all, just scared and confused. But now he has a torn up garage and a banged up truck and a smashed freezer and refrigerator. Gettin' old ain't for sissies. 

With that, I'll sign off. Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment