Thursday, May 20, 2021

 Good morning! What a beautiful morning we are having. The sun is shining brightly and it is already 78 degrees out side. The feeders are filled and the guests are busy. Yesterday afternoon I had a Pileated Woodpecker here again, you know how I love those guys. 

That’s the good part of the morning. Now for my grumpy [art. We tell ourselves that we can get along well without this technology stuff just fine. We answer question on Facebook about could we live in this cabin in the woods for a year without wifi etc for a million bucks and we say “oh yes!” But somehow, that all goes out the window when you get up in the morning and the cable and wifi are out. That was the first words I heard from Ms. Kate this morning, just after “Good morning”. So, I did “the thing”. I unplugged and replugged the router, multiple times. I called Spectrum and found out that there was an area wide outage and that it was being worked on and expected to be back on in an hour and a half. In the meantime, I used my IPhone hotspot to get us at least on our IPads. The cable came back on  but not the wifi. So, I called Spectrum again and connected to a service agent (somewhere in America), and she worked and worked to get my router on line. Probably 15 minutes into the process, she said that she just got a signal that there was a wifi interruption in my area and that it is expected to be back on around noon. So —— here I am back on my hotspot again as I write this. So, this has been a bit of a GRRRRRRRRR morning. Now, I measure that up against people who actually have real problems such as several of my friends and parishioners who have cancer etc, and I feel small.

What I need to do is take my shower and then get busy doing some garden work and mow my lawn and do some weed whacking etc. If, when I’m done with that and the wifi still isn’t up, I can still work on writing a sermon that I have to write and that doesn’t require wifi. 

That’s about all I have for ya’ today. I hope you have a blessed day. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment