Friday, May 21, 2021

 Happy Friday my friends. It is another beautiful morning, sunny, 66 degrees, which in my opinion makes it a perfect start to the day. 

I began my morning seeing that the internet was still out so I sat down with my IPhone and my IPad and called Spectrum once again. I think this was the 4th or 5th call to them. But, today I got a fellow that actually helped me. I know nothing about all of this stuff but he said it was very possible that due to the power outage my router had reset itself to factory setting which is why none of my devices would recognize me. So, we went through “a process” and viola’ I have internet again. True —- I could use the internet if I turned on my hotspot on my IPhone but that is not what I’m paying for. And, —- I don’t know if that costs me more or what. I’m just thankful to have it back. 

I had a productive and tiring day yesterday. I got the yard all mowed, got my tomatoes tied up and pulled out a bunch of my radishes that had gone to seed. I also cleaned off the back patio and then moved the “indoor plants” outside for the summer. Those pots are heavy. I’m only having to moves five these days. But two of them contain trees. I also have two huge pots of geraniums and a shamrock plant. But it is nice to be able to look out the sun porch without peering through those two trees. Come late October I’ll reverse the process and bring them back in. Having finished all of that, I put some pork chops on the grill while Ms. Kate fixed some potatoes and zucchini squash to go with them. Yummy food. I think today we’ll maybe throw some chicken thighs on the BBQ. 

I filled up the bird feeders again yesterday. This morning my guests are hard at them. The Pileated Woodpecker is back\. He has been around here for the past couple of days. It is an awesome bird. Ms. kate mentioned yesterday though that we had not seen any Goldfinches the last couple of days. I had not noticed that so I’ll have to watch for them today. I’m sure they are around. Yesterday I sat there and listened to all of the birds singing and it was like a choir. Very peaceful to sit in a recliner with a breeze blowing through and the sound of the Corinthian Chimes and bird song filling the air. It’s a blessing. 

I think that’s it. It is the weekend. I hope you have a safe one and a pleasant one. Sunday is Pentecost Sunday and I pray you will invite and allow the Holy Spirit to fill  your heart and mind. Have a blessed weekend. 











No comments:

Post a Comment