Saturday, May 1, 2021

 A beautiful and happy Saturday morning to you. I’m not staying long today, just dropping in to say “hello”. Happy 1st of May. When you were in elementary school, was there a big deal made of May Day? It was treated as a spring fun day when I was in the lower grades. 

I’m sitting at he kitchen table playing the waiting game. The Best Buy “Geek Squad” has an appointment at my house this morning between 0800 and 1200 to bring my new television and get everything set up.  Of course I don’t expect them here at 0800 but just in case, I’m doing my blog here where I can see out the window to the street. If I don’t, sure as heck they will be “Johnny-on-the-spot”. I think neighbor Dan is coming over to watch the installation. Actually, he was here and watched them install the one they are removing today. That was two years ago and he stayed here and let them in while I was in the emergency room and then hospital. He was the one that was helping me carry out another TV and we fell down the basement steps with the tv and him on top of me. Not a fun day. It took a year to get through all of that.

We went to the nursery yesterday and bought a new lilac and then we drove all over town looking for okra plants and never did find any. I need to call Colonial Nursery today and see if they have any. I don’t want to drive all the way across town and find out they don’t have any either. I did enough of that yesterday. I thought surely Rural King would have them. But — no luck. While we were at the nursery I bought two bags of their home made potting soil. They make and mix their own. They sell it in I think 50 pound bags. I haven’t lifted a full one yet. But, we had a young girl, cute as a button and probably a high school kid that helped us. She carried those bags like they were nothing and put them in my car. I thought “wow, they must not weigh a lot”. But I got home and found out they are pretty heavy. Bless her little heart. So, after the Geek Squad is gone, I have tomatoes to plant and a new lilac. 

I did get a good start on my service and sermon for the 16th of May. I hope to finish that today. I have ideas for it that I need to get on paper before I forget them. 

Have a blessed weekend. Don’t forget to take time to attend worship service tomorrow. I find that it starts the week off so much better. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment