Friday, May 7, 2021

 It’s Friday morning again. This was a fast week, or so it seems. Isn’t funny how some weeks just seem to creep along and others zoom past us and are gone before we know it. It’s a sunny morning but cool, 52 degrees with a slight breeze. 

I apologize for missing you yesterday. I had a really busy day. I spent the morning taking care of a bunch of stuff that has been on my to do list that I just hadn’t taken care of. It was a bunch of “one of these days we need to” items, so yesterday morning I did them. I’ve said before that I I say I’m going to take care of something, there is no need to keep reminding me about every six months. LOL On the more pressing matters though, I did get the front and back yard mowed. I wanted to do that before the rain started. As it turns out, the rain didn’t amount to squat and I needn’t have rushed into it. But I also got a bunch of my trimming done. But, I got caught up on stuff and can check things off of the list. 

Today we are going to Sam’s. I want to get a couple of steaks from there\ for Mother’s Day. We bought one there a couple of weeks ago and it was maybe one of the best we have had in a long time. Since Sunday is Mother’s Day I know that all of the restaurants will be crowded so I ask Ms. Kate if I could fix another one of those steaks for her. Julie will be here too and will enjoy that. The downside is that it is supposed to rain which just means I’ll get wet doing my grilling. But, I’m in no danger of melting. 

Julie is coming by here today and dropping her stuff off and then going to the University of Evansville to help the bookstore manager there for a while. They are have a graduation event that the manager has to attend, so Julie will hold down the store for her while her friend manages the other event. I think she said that mostly she will be handling book returns from semester end. 

My Backyard Buffet guests this morning include Red-breasted Grosbeak, Cardinals, Gold-finch, Doves, House-finches, Bluejays, Mockingbirds, Wrens, Downy Woodpeckers, Red-headed Woodpeckers, and of course, Starlings. It is quite a menagerie today. They challenge one another for feeder space. I filled several feeders yesterday afternoon. I haven’t seen any squirrels at the feeders this morning but I did have one up in the poplar tree and he was “cutting leaves”. They frequently come in and will gut off just the end of branches to get leaves to make a new nest somewhere. I think they use these tulip poplar leaves because the leaf is broader. Durning the winter when the trees are bare, you can see “squirrel nests” in a lot of the trees in this neighborhood. 

Well, that’s it for today. Enjoy your day, talk to God and keep your mind at peace. 












No comments:

Post a Comment