Friday, May 28, 2021

 Friday morning and I’m sitting here watching the silly squirrel continue to stretch out to the feeder it can barely reach, grab a sunflower seed or two an sit back on the tree branch and eat them, and repeat the process, over and over for maybe 15 minutes or so. Then it will run off and be back again in no time at all. In the meantime, the birds are also busy this morning at the feeders. There is nothing too interesting at the moment but I did have the Pileated Wood pecker in here earlier. It has been raining some off and on and will continues to do that throughout the day. 

My friend and parishioner, Bob, had his surgery this morning to remove his eye. The surgery went textbook and his daughter has now taken him home. Maybe they both can get some rest. The surgery was early and she said that she was barely able to stay awake. I doubt either of them got any sleep last night. I just pray that this surgery will accomplish what it was supposed to do, ie get rid of all of the infection and maybe even stop the problem he has had with shingles in that eye for the past eight years. But, it will be quite an adjustment for him, not physically having that eye even though he hasn’t been able to see out of it for some time. 

I had a busy day yesterday. I got all of my years mowed and went over and mowed Dan’s front yard. Then Ms. Kate and I went out and “dead-headed” a bunch of the iris and the peonies. Blooming season is about over. The azealias are about done as are the iris and the peonies. The lilies are kind of in between the early ones and the late ones. I really need to get in there and try to get rid of the danged morning glory vines. That is a never ending process. I don’t know how we ended up with morning glories but they have been a pain in my butt for several years.I think that I picked them up in a load of mulch or horse manure that I got from a local farmer years ago. I just know that you can’t get rid of them. They come up every year and take over a flowerbed like kudzu. I have another “weed “ that has come up called sedge. I’m trying to fight that too. It is more like a grass and I don’t know how that got started either. It is growing up all over my poppy plants and if I don’t get it under control, it will kill out my poppies. It is a never ending battle around here and I’m getting too old to continue to fight them. 

This is Memorial Day weekend. Tomorrow the VFW will be at the cemeteries doing a 21 gun salute and TAPS at each of the churches. It’s an annual thing they have done for years. We don’t have a lot of veterans in our cemetery at either church, but, I appreciate the fact that they come out and honor them. 

That’s it for today. I hope your weekend is safe and blessed. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment