Tuesday, May 25, 2021

 It’s 73 degrees on this bright Tuesday morning. The air is still with only a slight breeze. Moving the tree leaves a bit. It’s gonna be a hot one today again. I think though that we have some rain in our forecast for tonight and off an on for the next couple of days. . We could really use some again. 

I really need to fill all of the bird feeders today. I have been letting them all get emptied. I told you a few days ago I was going to not fill them so quickly so that maybe the starlings and blackbirds would find an alternative feeding spot. I have not seen any of them this morning. Yesterday they came around a few times but when they found their favorite food not there, they left. What is silly is that I have two feeders that are full with the same product, but in a different form, and they don’t touch it. Birds are weird. The Pileated Woodpecker is back today and brought a friend. That always thrills me. Ms. Kate said that she saw two of them here yesterday too out there on the feeders. That is a thrilling thought that they might nest here somewhere. ——- Okay, I had to stop and go fill my feeders. They were too empty and too many guests were in line at the Buffet. 

I’m going to stay inside today as the mercury makes it’s way on up to 90 or there about. I’m trying to get all of my June services done before I head out on vacation. I’m currently writing June 20th and have a title  and outline for June 27th. I don’t want to have to rush back and scramble in to something right away so that it feels like I haven’t been on vacation at all. 

Had another sad thing yesterday afternoon. (I don’t think I told you this) One of my parishioners called me and told me that his two and a half year old granddaughter has passed away. She was born with so very many physical things wrong with her that the doctors didn’t actually expect her to live more than a month. Well, doctors are great but God has a plan. He allowed that child to bring love and joy and hope into that family for two and a half years. The parents certainly learned that they are capable of doing a lot more and had a lot more strength than they thought possible. God is so good and young Maria served His purpose and now she has gotten to go back home and her soul is at rest. God be praised. We just never know the plan, do we. 

That’s it for today/ Have a blessed one and then give thanks for the blessings. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment