Thursday, October 4, 2018

Well, yes it is Thursday again and it is seventy-nine degrees which is warm for an October morning. It is “partly cloudy” as the weather folks say and there is a chance that we will have some rain today and tomorrow. It would be nice if itdidn’t rain just yet. Our city is in the middle of Fall Festival out on the west side of town. It is a huge street festival that is I think six blocks long and draws hundreds of thousands of people in every year. This is the ninety-first year the have held it. Both sides of the street are lined with one food booth after another for the full six blocks. Each booth is run by a church or some other organization and it is the main charity money asking event of the year for many organizations. All of the profits made go right back into the community. It is well organized and well controlled. There is very seldom any kind of violence that happens beyond maybe a teenage hormone fist fight and those are stopped almost instantly. There are rides and carnival booths and a parade or two and beauty contests and talent contests and bands playing. The festival is recognized as the largest street fair in the nation, second only to Mardi-Gras. So, — we definitely do nor need any rain on our parade until Sunday.

I had a long day yesterday, hence no writing. I startedthe day off with a morning Bible study, followed of office hours. Then I did visitation and home communion with a couple. Then, home for lunch and visit with my sister in law for a bit, then back out for another home visit and communion. I got home from that and took Ms. Kate out for dinner, and then went back to the church for choir practice. It was about a fourteen hour work day.

On the agenda today is filling my bird feeders again and scrubbing out the bird baths again. They are filthy. Maybe the birds don’t mind drinking from that nasty looking stuff but it sure don’t look good. There are a lot of fallen leaves in  the water and that turned the water a brown color. They may drink from it but I haven’t seen any of them actually bathe in it. It is time to cut the peonies back ow too so maybe I’ll get around to doing that. Yesterday I pulled up all of my tomatoes because they were done producing. It is that time of the year for some fall clean up. So, we’ll see what we get done before it starts raining.

That is about it for this Thursday. There is nothing exciting gong on except living the life that God has provided me. I give Hm praise and thanks for yet another day in the world. I hope you do too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment