Monday, October 29, 2018

A sunny and relatively warm Monday morning greets me today. I was up early enough to maybe do some blogging but instead I sat in my chair with my cup of coffee and just kind of zombied out for a good half an hour. By the time I needed to get ready for work though I was a little more rested and ready to face the day.

Ms. Kate is a busy camper this morning, Julie, Jim and Julie's best friend, Karen, are coming over from New Albany for lunch and a visit. Karen is here from New Hampshire for her annual Halloween week visit. She is generous enough to bring her over here so we can say "hi" and visit for an afternoon. Karen is good people and a great BFF for Jules. Ms. Kate is fixing a ham and sweet-potatoes, and some roasted veggies for lunch. I know it is going to be delicious. And --- I see a few ham sandwiches in my immediate future after they leave today.

We had a good weekend and yesterday we had "Trunk or Treat" after church service out in the parking lot. It makes for a safe venue for the kids to go around in their costumes and get a little candy from the church members. It appears that Halloween itself is going to be a washout because of heavy rain. I hate that for the kids because they all look forward to the fun of trick or treating.

I have a roofer on top of my house again today. They are still trying to track down that leak that is putting water dripping out of my bathroom shower light fixture. They thought they had it fixed once before but the first rain that came along showed that they still have not found it. As I always say, water will win every time, and where it is dripping rarely has anything to do with where the leak is. As I left the house this morning, they were pulling up shingles again. Since we are supposed to get up to four inches of rain this week, it will be a good test of their new fix.

I need to be working on my sermon for mid November this week. We leave ob vacation mid next week and will gone for a week. So, I need to have everything ready to go for the Sunday after we return. This will be our last vacation until probably June of next year. Then I think we are going to be gone for much of the month of June. Of course, it could happen that I won't be employed by next June and that would be alright too. As much as I love being the co-pastor here, the church really needs to have a settled pastor leading them. I think that we are going on five years without a settled pastor and that is too long. It makes it difficult for pastor Art and me to know exactly what to plan for the future of the church.

Time to put away my lap top and do some other stuff around here. I pray you will have a good week. I hope everyone you meet will be kind to you and sunshine will reign in your life. Peace my friends. Rest in God's love.


No comments:

Post a Comment