Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It is a sunny afternoon on this Tuesday. I’m a little late getting around to putting anything down. Our morning was busy. Ms. Kate had a quarterly doctor’s appointment and I went along because I needed to make a doctor’s appointment too. I’ve been having problems with my right arm muscles. I’ve had a problem that I have pain from my shoulder blade down to my wrist on the right side every time I put any pressure on the arm such as laying it on my desk or the table when I eat, or even lay my arm on the arm of a chair. So I went with Ms. Kate when she went in the exam room and when he finished with her I explained my problem. As I expected he would do, he had the nurse give me a steroid shot, I suspect it is a pinched nerve because I get those frequently. And, —- we got our annual flu shots while we were at it.

After that we went to breakfast at Denny’s and came home. I decided that since it was such a lovely day I would go ahead and dig out the okra plants. I find it hard to believe that I need to take a tile spade to dig the okra plants up. Those stalks wer at least an inch and a half at the diameter and the roots go deep. It is no wonder that they grow so tall.. I filled up most of my trash can with the plants. I have a bunch of limbs down in the yard that blew down during the last wind storm we had the other day. I need to get out there and clean those up too.

The rbins have migrated back to the area. I saw several this morning early as I was having my coffee. Some will continue on but many will now stay through the winter. I also have a lot of cardinals here again today and the danged starlings are back out of the fields. That will hasten the bird feeder filling again.

Last night we had the Music and Worship Committee meeting. It was a successful meeting and we have mapped out the worship program through Easter of 2019. Again, I’m really not used to having anything like that. I’ve basically had all of that to do on my own during my twelve Nd a half years at my last parish. This works pretty well.

OK, I have stuff to do besides sit here. I hope the remainder oof your day is filled with joy and love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment