Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Blessed Saturday morning to you. What a beautiful day we have going for us this morning. It;s bright, sunny, eighty-one degrees and a south wind at ten miles an hour. For all of those folks who are streaming down to the west side of town for the last day of the Fall Festival, it is perfect. This morning wil be the annual “pet parade” and then at 1600 they will have the big parade. We haven’t been to the big parade in years, decades actually, but at one time they used to have different stars come in for the parade. My biggest memory is of a western movie star allied Hoppalong Cassidy riding his beautiful white horse, “Topper”. I was probably ten years old at the time. The horse was boarded on the farm of a member of our church somy folks took us to see it. I remember that I picked up a bunch of the hair from it’s tail from when it had been curried and that white horse hair was a prized possession for a long time and a source of something for me to brag about to my friends.

Ms. Kate and I are having a very lazy morning. Basically we are just sitting in the sun porch, playing on our IPads, having coffee and a Nutty Buddy cookie for breakfast and relaxing. We still plan to are an apple pie today and at some point Ms. Kate will put a gallon of cut green beans in the slow cooker with a little bacon or ham and let them cook over night to take to church in the morning for the annual church picnic. I think I told you that tomorrow is our annual Homecoming Sunday. We’ll have a grand church service with songs by the chancel choir and the bell choir, Holy Communuon, a guest pastor who was a former pastor of the church will deliver the Word and we’re admitting a new member to the church tomorow. The weather is supposed to be perfect so I hope a lot of folks come out for the event. We have had a very successful year at the church this year so I think we need to celebrate that.

I need to go over the service for tomorrow and I also need to write my Pastoral Prayer for tomorrow. I know many pastors probably do their prayer without a script but I like to write them out so I cover everything I think I should. I also need to read through our Sunday school lesson for tomorrow. I don’t teach the class and it is nice to just attend. Our teacher has been teaching that class for a lot of years and works hard to prepare her lesson. There is only seven of us in the class and we are all senior citizens, Ms. Kate at seventy is the youngest member. But we have some good discussion sometimes.

The squirrels are back and looking for food. It looks like the sunflower seed feeders must be empty. I’ll need to go fill those. I wouldn’t’t want an unhappy guest at the buffet.

Have a most pleasant weekend. Enjoy what God has provided and then give thanks for it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment