Thursday, October 25, 2018

A lovely Thursday morning to you. ot that it is particularly lovely morning outside. It is cloudy and about forty-five degrees and Accuweather tells me it is going to start raining in thirty minutes or less. I guess we will see what happens. It doesn’t make me much difference either way. We have no big agenda items on the slate today; although, if I told Ms. Kate that I had an offer from PF Chang for free Honey Crisp Chicken, I’ll bet we’d be making a trip to Louisville for lunch.

What to do about Halloween is the question of the day for me. First of all, this Sunday we will have “Trunk or Treat” at the church after the service is over. We’ve never participated in this but I’m told that you kind of decorate up your trunk and sit there and wait for the kids to walk around and trick or treat you at the car. I’m still on the fence about participating in that. Although, I know Pastor Art will and I guess I should so that the kids get to know me a little better. Besides, we don’t have that many kids in the first place. Secondly, Halloween is one week from yesterday and I still haven’t really considered what I am gong to do. I have a monkey costume that I have used for years and by now all of th kids have seen it. I usually sit at the bottom of the drive way on my riding mower in my costume and pass out my candy. That works out pretty well because I sit very still until the kids get right up next to me trying to figure out if I’m alive or if I’ve put a dummy out there this time. Then when I move, I get lots of screams. It’s good fun and I even had a young man ask me the other day if “the monkey was going to be back this Halloween.” I am big on Halloween and have been for years. I live in a neighborhood now where several of the neighbors have a yard full of those blow-up plastic things. They use spend hundreds of dollars on them. I always made my own “grave-yards” and tombstones, and coffins and stuff. My kids really enjoyed being here to take part in the festivities and scarring  people. My oldest, Julie, has volunteered at the Baxter Avenue Morgue Haunted House for probably ten years now. Yep, she gets it from me, and she has passed it all on to her son too. We are three generations of Halloween lovers. So —— it sounds like I better get out to Sam’s Club and buy some treats.

I’ve been in and out of this blog now for almost forty-five minutes and it still hasn’t started raining but it continues to look like it will and Accuweather says it is going to rain for at least 120 minutes as if it were already raining. So, somewhere round here it might be raining. I don’t care, the sun is shining in my heart and mind as I reflect on my day full of blessings. I pray the same goes for you. Have a most blessed Thursday. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment