Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Blue beautiful skies greet me tis morning as I have my coffee next to the Backyard Buffet. This will be my last morning out here for a week. Tomorrow at this time I’ll be half way to Nashville where Ms. Kate and I will catch our flight to Las Vegas. It will be nice to see some of the old guys again. I’m a bit amused though. Our first reunion was about three and a half days log and we had all kinds of activities planned. The next one I planned and it was in Vegas because I had been stationed there. I contacted the commander of the unit that I used to command and arranged a base tour and extra events with the unit. Then the next reunion they went on a cruise. However, so far, the only event I have heard about for this reunion is a dinner from 7-9 pm at Margaritaville. I hate to think that we are flying all the way to Vegas, spending all of that money, for a two-hour meal. We must be getting old. But, it’s all good. Ms. Kate loves Vegas and we’ll have a good time. The silly thing is that we are doing basically the same thing next month with another unit. I guess I could say “re-uniting with old friends — Priceless!” It I’m not so sure that applies.

The church council approved the money for the new keyboard last night. I’m really glad that they did because if they didn’t I was determined that I was going to go pay for it myself and donate it to the church. That’s how strongly I felt about them needing it. But, they were all in favor of it; they had only held off because they felt they needed a little more information about it. But, one of our folks came and gave an excellent presentation about purchasing it and answered their questions. Our choir director is going to go pick it up today. I’m excited to hear it in use.

Neighbor Dan and all of their famiy are streaking back from Florida today. They were down theere for vacation but there is a major hurricane headed to where they were, so they left at 0500 this morning and should be home by this afternoon. pastor Art and his wife are in their condo down in Gulf Shores and that isn’t all that far from where the hurricane is to are land fall. I hope they stay safe. At least they are on the “backside” of the hurricane so it should not be quite as bad for them. But I’m still keeping them in my prayers. This thing has already caused a lot of damage in Cuba and Honduras. It has been a bad hurricane season this year.

Time to refill the coffee cup and maybe have a piece of apple pie for breakfast. I don’t have a lot of things on my plate today to do but I do need to pack a suitcase, go to the bank and a few things like that. I don’t know what my schedule for writing willl be for the next week. It, I pray you will have a great week. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment