Friday, October 26, 2018

It’s a gloomy, rainy, fifty-three degree kind of morning. It would be a great day to just sit by the fireplace and read a book or maybe sit out here in the sunporch with a book. But, we hve other plans for today. It’s a schrooms and beer day with Bob and Brenda. We’ll go have lunch and a conversation with them and then I think we’ll go to have our toenails trimmed up. From there we need to go get some Halloween candy somewhere. Ms. Kate says that CVS has a pretty good deal on the stuff. And of course we’ll end up at Sam’s club.

I got out in the yard yesterday afternoon and did a little yard work. I finally got the twigs and branches picked up and broken up from the back yard. I also did some raking and cleaning up of the area where again had the okra planted and then went around to the front of the house and pulled up and trimmed off the Four-O’clocks that are at the front porch. At least you can see my front door now. I didn’t get all of the Four-O-Clocks pulled up because my trash can was mostly full by then and I have a whole week before it gets emptied again. I need to save some room for trash.

We had a theft in our neghborhood last night. A couple of guys stole an Amazon package off of someone’s porch yesterday evening on our short little street. They have them on camera dong it so I hope someone identifies them. What is it with people that think they have the right to walk on someone’s property and just steal stuff. There are people that just routinely do that. They kind of follow the UPS and FED EX trucks around as as packages get delivered, they just walk up and take the package and don’t even know what is is it. I don’t begin to understand that mentality. Facebook is constantly showing videos from home security cameras of people blantantly doing that in broad daylight. Obviously the two guys involved with this theft had gotten out of their car and were just walking the neighborhood looking for an opportunity to steal something. It takes cajones todo something like that. At least theydidn’t hurt anyone. I hope there was a rattlesnake in the box! Thank goodness we don’t have a lot of that in our area. I had  someone steal a “sleeve” of CD’s from my truck one time because I left my truck unlocked and on the street. They probably tossed it away though since it was mostly gospel music CD’s. LOL

Time to get ready for our lunch appointment. Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment