Monday, October 22, 2018

Brrrr! Do you have your "long-johns" on this morning. Temperatures have dipped down to just below the freezing mark the past couple of nights. But, by now we are up to around forty-five degrees. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for the atmosphere. We might even get close to sixty degrees before the day is over.

I'm at the office and have been catching up on my calendar, and making a few notes for a meeting of the Music and Worship committee tonight. I have this idea that I'd like our church to do a revival some time in the spring down in our Woodland Chapel. The first problem is that we are not a "revival" kind of church. We are a bit too traditional for that so I don't know that we really have a good idea how to conduct one. I'm hoping to reach an audience of young college kids from the university that sits about nine miles from here. I know I'm not the guy to do it but rather we need someone young and full of energy to bring God's word. So, I'm asking around for ideas. Perhaps we should contact the local Baptist University up in Oakland City of they have any ideas.

We had a good turnout for church yesterday again. The choir sang a "zippy" little number and the service was lighthearted and full of joy. We needed a day like that for the congregation.We had a couple of our people have some serious health issues this week and I'll ask you to keep them in your prayers. One lady was with her family in Maui on a cruise with her family and had a major stroke. The daughters will be taking turns staying with her there u until she can fly and return home. Another lady from the church was at a local high-school football game this past Friday and somehow a spectator walking behind her tripped and fell on her as she was seated in her bleacher seat. She ended up with a broken back. So those are of major concern and I would ask that you pray for their comfort and healing. I can't imagine what it will take to get the first lady released to fly back home. But, maybe it will be easier than I imagine. We are told that she is paralyzed on her left side; but it is early yet. She still hasn't woke up from the incident. I think that maybe that is a good thing and that her body is still in a defensive mode. Not waking up is giving her brain and body to begin the healing process without interference. God builds in the most a amazing things in our body, so at this point it is all her and God. But, it had to have been terribly hard for the rest of the family to literally "sail off on the rest of their vacation", while mom was still laying there in a hospital bed in Maui.

I started working on my yard bench this weekend. I bought this thing years ago from  Rural King for $125.00. Over the years it has simply rotted and fallen apart. A year ago I bought the wood to replace all of the boards on it and rebuild it. I just never got around to actually doing it. Well, neighbor Dan came over on Saturday with a piece of wood that he wanted to trim down using my table saw. That gave me the opportunity to unload all the stuff I had on the saw and actually make the cuts I needed to make on my boards too. But, life is not simple. I still need to get my router out and trim all of the edges on the boards. Them I need to get my belt sander out and clean up the wood. Then buy some stain. And I also have to figure out how I'm going to get all of the old rusted bolts holding the current rotted wood to the frame. Yeh, I can make this a whole winter project!! LOL. But, come spring, I'll have a brand new wooden bench to sit out in my yard and never use. I have a place in mind to put it in my yard when it is done, and I'll never have to mow around it. It will make a great looking yard decoration.

That's about it for today. I hope your brand new week has started out full of hope and joy. Be kind to your neighbor and tell people you love them. Life is often much shorter than we expect it to be. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment