Friday, October 19, 2018

Happy Friday morning to you. It’s hard to believe I’m actually writing during my “normal” writing time. Vacations are great but they sure mess with my time schedule. I get busy doing other things and then I don’t sit down and write. Then when I first get home, —- catch-up time takes over. So, it’s nice to be able to just sit and watch my Backyard Buffet guests and have my coffee; do a litlle devotional and have a talk with my boss upstairs.

The sky is blue as it can be and the temperature is 45 degrees this morning. BUt, my Accuweather app says that clouds and rain will be moving in shortly after lunch time. I don’t think it is supposed to amount to much. Just a fall kind of day and that s alright with me. But, I think Ms.Kate and I need to go do a little bit of running around. I know I need to get her some more half & half, and I could go by Wild Birds and pick up some more Bark Butter bits since I used up the last of what I have a couple of days ago.

I also need to do a roof-line walk with my leaf-blower. My gutter are covered over with leaves already and the leaf falling season hasn’t even started. If I don’t blow them off then the water will just roll over the edge and I might s well not have gutters.  There is always something to do out there. I looked at my okra plants yesterday and I think they are done. I might as well cut them down and clean up that area. I pulled up all of the tomato plants before we went on vacation. I’m seriously considering not planting a garden next year at all. This year our asparagus really didn’t produce an our tomatoes were only so-so. The beets I planted didn’t do anything at all. They came up but were mostly just tops. The actual beets didn’t ever get big. I need to pull up all of the wooden forms that I put down a decade ago to create “areas” for different things. By now they have rotted or pulled apart. They were pressure treated 4x4’s and I have gotten my use out of them. It really is time to downsize what we do outside; and yet, Ms. Kate has a box of bulbs sitting here in the sunporch that she wants me to plant. I don’t know even what she bought; I just know that I have more stuff to find a place to plant something. I have talked for a couple of years about just Turing the garden into more flower garden. Maybe that is what I will do with the se bulbs.

OK, enough grousing! I need to put my rear end in gear and get something done. Have a most wonderful weekend. If you have a chance, get out and enjoy the world God has created for you, and then take time to give God praise for your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment