Friday, October 5, 2018

It is Friday afternoon and a hot one. It is currently 87 degrees with aa feels like of ninety one. Ms. Kate just fixed us some lunch after I showered and got all of the sweat and grunge off of me. I had my young neighbor kid come over this morning and wwe worked out in the flowerbeds until I just got too hot. But Nick is a good kid and a hard worker. So I had him over here for a couple of hours. I pay him $10 an hour and since he is going to the West Side Fall Festival tomorrow he was glad to make a little pocket jingle. I know that when I was a kid about his age, if I wanted to go to the Fall Festival, I had to make my own money.

Ms. Kate has been busy making cards again today. She’s doing birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I think she is trying to get as many done as she can before we take off on vacation. I was sitting here writing my first paragraph and the next thing I knew, she was lifting myIPad off of my lap because I had dozed off. Now the tables are turned. I napped for about fifteen minutes and and now I’m awake but she is gently snoring over there in hr recliner. Such is the life of old people I guess. We work, we  sit down to relax and we doze off.

My accuweather app says we are going to have light showere and indeed it did rain for about ten minutes. I would love for it to ran enough to break the heat. It isn’t supposed to be this hot in October.  The finches and the sparrows are all taking turned out in the bird bath. I scrubbed it out yesterday and they have really flocked to it now that it is clean and the water in clean. I don’t blame them, who wants to swim in a scuzzy pool, let alone drink from it. Yeh, I know, they also take “dust-baths” and drink out of heaven knows what; but I like to keep them spoiled.

I out of thoughts so I thik I will just sign off. maybe I’ll drift off back to  another nap as I enjoy my guests here in the Backyard Buffet. I hope you have a great weekend full of time with family or other fun activities. I know that Ms. Kate and I are going to make an apple pie yet this weekend so that means my weekend promises to be a good one. Take time to stop and count your blessings and to give praise to God who provided them to you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment