Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thursday morning, October 18th, and we are home and settling back in to our routine. As always, it is great to be back home. Traveling is good and we had a great time at the reunion. Our hotel stay was great, afterall how can a 790 sq. Ft. Hotel room be that bad?? That’s why we alwys stay at the Palazzo when we are in Vegas if we can. We alreaaady have reservations theere next month.

We got home around 2230 hours on Tuesday. We carried in the luggage, did minor unpacking, and then went to bed. Yesterday morning I headed off to work and Ms, Kate started on doing some laundry and other stuff. I got home around 1300 hrs and brought in the mail that had been held. It I amazing how much junk mail a person gets. We each took a short nap and then I started filling bird feeders. It took me a half an hour to get everything going again. But, the “bird-word” went out quickly and I had a lot of visitors at the backyard buffet almost immediately. Then last evening I had choir practice, and on the way home I picked up a couple of DQ Blizzards for our supper. (You can do that when you get to be my age.)

This morning we had our furnace people out to replace a part of the furnace. It was a water collector part that had over the years warped and cracked and was leaking. Left unfixed, it would have rusted the furnace. Next we cleared the sunroom of ll of Ms. Kate’s card making stuff and gathered up the potted plants from outside, trimmed them up, and brought them in for the winter. We had a frost warning last night, and while it didn’t hurt anything here, those wil increase and one of these mornings we’ll wake up to a frosty morning. So, it was time to do the fall routine. These plants will do well in here. Some of them we have been moving back and forth for a decade and they still look great.

Beyond all of that, I went down to my office and put the finishing touches on my sermon for this Sunday and made some nots to myself on sermon ideas in the future. If I don’t write the down, they will be lost forever. Even then, I still will sometimes look at my notes and have to scratch my head and have to wonder where I thought that particular thought would lead me. Getting old is not for sissies!

That’s about it for today. I’m glad to be back in my recliner, watching the Backyarrd Buffet guests arrive and enjoy. Mas Kat has joined meout here in the sunporch and I think it will be time for a nap very soon. I hope you have a truly blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment