Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I’m going to try to get a blog in before I head out to work this morning, so this may be a bit short. My morning has started off on a “heavenly high”. I poured my coffee, came out to the sun porch and there was a Blue bird siting on the feeder. What a welcome sight. And them as I looked around the yard I saw at least a half dozen rose blooms on my knockout roses glistening in the sun as it crested the roof line and lit up the back yard. I have no choice but to sit here and give praise and glory to my creator for a morning that started off with a bucket load of blessings.

My blue bird didn’t stay long but I know it will return with friends. It is migration season and thy will be here for a week or maybe two before they move on, espeecially if I keep the bark-butter feeders filled. That seems to be a favorite food for them from my buffet. I have probably a half dozen cardinals out here this morning and a couple of woodpeckers too. The woodpeckers also like the bark-butter bits as well as the bark butter paste that I put in their special feeders. I know I used real peanut butter when my Wildbirds store was closed and it worked, but it doesn’t have the fat content for energy that they need. My cardinals also are particular to the safflower seed that I put out for them. The great thing about safflower seed is that so many of the birds like blackbirds and starlings won’t eat it for some reason. That make it last a lot longer and the squirrels leave that feeder alone because it is extremely hard for the to get to. I have the feeder sitting on top of a 4X4 post and away from a place that they can safely jump to. I have the top two feet of the pole wrapped in aluminum and they tend to slice their feet trying to climb it.

This morning I need to go to the office for my weekly staff meeting with Art and our temporary secretary. Karen is on vacation and should be back this weekend. But — while they were all on the cruise, her mom had a stroke in Maui and still is there. So, I don’t know what the plans will be for Karen ad her family. It has now been six days and her mom hasn’t woken up yet from the stroke which does not bode well. So, I’m asking you to lift their family up in prayer.

After I do my office stuff, I’m going to do a couple of visitations and then head home. Yesterday I got my okra plants all dug up and cut up and put in my trash can. But, I didn’t get out in the yard and pick up the limbs etc. So, — I need to do that today because the trash man comes tomorrow.

Okay, I made it through my blog and now I need to get ready for work. I hope you have a lovely day full of sunshine and God’s blessings. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment