Saturday, July 15, 2017

Welcome to a wonderful beautiful Saturday morning. "This is a day that the Lord has made --- Let us rejoice and be glad in it." It is a sunny, breezy 76 degree morning and best od all the humidity has dropped for a few hours at least. The sun is shining on all of my backyard buffet guests --- but unfortunately they are all black in color. The starling and grackle gang are here in force fussing and pecking away at one another. But in the sunshine even the Grackels are pretty. Their color is so very black that is look almost blue when the sin hits them a certain way. Just another one of those ways that God shows me another miracle of His beauty.

I don't think Ms. Kate and I have any plans today but then, we haven't taken any time to talk yet today. She's in her office with her computer games and coffee and Facebook and I'm doing the same thing on my IPad with my coffee. It is a daily routine for both of us. We'll fetch each other a second cup of coffee once in a while but leave each other alone with our own "wake-up" time. Perhaps a little later we'll head out to the farm stands and also to Rural King or Target and look for a new gazing ball. The one I had out back here got smashed by a limb that fell. We had owned it for several years so we got our $25.00 worth of pleasure out of it.

I did finish the sermon that I was working on. I finished it up last night. I need to read it again now, and then I also want to pass it over to Ms. Kate to make sure it all makes sense. I'm glad to have it written because it was a sermon idea I've had for awhile but had not done anything with because I had no reason to put it down on paper. What I should do I guess, is when something like that pops into my tiny brain, I should go put it down; and then as it develops in my mind add notes and thoughts to it. That way when the need arises, I can unscramble it and come up with something worth presenting. That's what I should do --- but that sounds terribly organized for a retired guy.

I have a couple of squirrels out here this morning but I haven't seen Stumpy or Broken tail  for over a week. I don't know what has happened to them. Possibly they have moved on or maybe the hawk got them. I was really waiting for Stumpy to come around and try to eat off of that feeder that he always stretches out to. I filled it with cayenne laced bark butter bits. The birds couldn't care less but I wanted to see Stumpy grab a mouthful of those pellets. Perhaps one of them did because none of the squirrels are trying to eat off of it now.

It is time for a fresh cup of coffee and I see that the black birds are moving out and the wrens and cardinals and other more "invited guests" are starting to arrive. So, I'm jumping off. Have a wonderful weekend. My daughter Heather and her family are flying back to the CONUS today from Hawaii so keep them in your prayers for safe travel. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment