Thursday, July 13, 2017

I've written my blog from some strange places but this morning I'm sitting in the beauty shop. Ms. kate needs a trim this morning. What should have been a walk-in, walk-out is going to take a little longer. Her stylist has another customer in the chair so Ms. Katie is waiting. I was going to just sit in the car and listen to the radio but it is warm enough to run me inside.

Yesterday was root canal day for me. What a great way to start off the morning. I don't mind having that procedure done. After the first shot, which is little more than a slight pinch, everything is numb and it is a matter of just laying there in the chair while they do what they have to do. They even put a "block" in there to hold your mouth open so you don't have to do that, and they put on a rubber dam around the tooth so none of the crud gets in your mouth. The only residual is some pain in the jaw today from the shots. In a couple of days I will call my regular dentist and set up an appointment to have the crown made and installed. I'll be glad to have it all done though. I'm tired of have a space there and not being able to chew on that side, and I'm tired of getting shots in my jaw.

Conversations are interesting sitting in a beauty shop; so much different than the barbershop. I'm learning about the joys of shopping at Goodwill stores, and different places to get good clothes cheap. "After all people go casual these days and what you wear isn't nearly as important as it was years ago." I've learned that's Dottie is heading to Tennessee tonight yet even though she just got home from another trip. She's picking up her grandson and then they are heading to Mt. Vernon and Monticello and Williamsburg and other great places in that area. Her 'granddaughter isn't going because she has baseball camp and heck them two fight like cats and dogs anyway." --- If I was at the barbershop the conversations would be a bunch of chiding one another and talking about local sports and weather and some politics interspersed with some colorful language.

From here we are going to the nail salon and Ms. Kate and I are going to get pedicures. I don't know what they talk about there because they are all oriental and speak what ever their native language is. From there we need to go to the Cadillac dealership. I want to ask them about the extended warranties for my car that they are offering me now that my original warranty is about up.  ---- So today is another busy day and this afternoon we are supposed to get thunderstorms. By they time we get all of our running around don, it will be time to come home and hit the recliner for an eyelid check.

I hope your day is happy. I hope your day is full of the joy that comes from a relationship with God. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment