Friday, July 21, 2017

It's going to be another dangerously hot day today with heat index at 105-110. As one of our local car dealers says "It's hot Don!!!"

I went out and filled the bird baths again this morning. They had splashed all of the water out of the one and half of the water out of the other. I expect they will do the same again today. It is funny to watch them kind of line up. I've seen four or five starlings at a time in there and then cardinals and robins. The robins really get down and splash it all around. Sometimes the finches and the sparrows will sit on the side and enjoy the benefit of the splashing from the other birds. Above the hummingbird feeder I have a little cup device that holds water. It is designed to keep the ants from getting to the hummingbird feeder and clogging up the holes. The finches and the wrens use that little cup as their personal watering hole. It is so cute to watch them come and sit on the edge of that cup and get their drink.

I had a great birthday; very relaxing. I did call my buddy Bob and we went to see him yesterday afternoon for awhile. It was a good visit and was a bit of self healing for all three of us. He and his daughter Brenda plan to come to my home church this Sunday because I am preaching. It will be wonderful to share worship with them again. Ms. Kate and I went to dinner at a favorite tavern and then to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. Then we came home in time to watch Mountain Men. We are exciting people.

I guess despite the heat, we need to go to the grocery store. It isn't a bad thing but I don't like the going in and out of the air conditioning. We are running low on some of the necessities or we certainly would stay in the house. I was watching Ms. Margaret's mowing crew again this morning. They came early to beat the heat. They trimmed up her crabapple tree finally. It really needed it. The young boys of the crew were fully engaged in a crabapple war again this week. Teenaged boys --- what are ya' gonna do??

That's it for this morning. Another weekend is here and I hope you can use it to relax. Take time to get in tough with God. He's waiting to hear from you. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Bob and Brenda are coming to see you at Zoar. That's really sweet.

    ReplyDelete