Saturday, July 8, 2017

It is a beautiful Saturday morning. I have my cup of coffee beside me, my Bose is playing a little gospel music by the Talley Trio, the sky is cloudless, and it is 74 degrees with a drop in the humidity. Just outside my window five blackbirds are in full battle mode squeaking and pecking at one another over the feeders. They are so busy fighting that they hardly actually eat anything. Silly birds -- there are only nineteen feeders for them to choose from but they would rather maintain territorial dominance. I know some people like that.

I missed writing yesterday but I had an eclectic busy day. I started with an early morning dental appointment to hopefully repair that tooth that I had lost the filling from. I had hope it was going to be a fairly simple  procedure because despite the large filling that had fallen out, I was having no pain. I thought that maybe I had already had a root canal done on that tooth. Well -- it turns out that I was just lucky in regards to the pain. Now, I go next Wednesday morning and have a root canal done. Then back to my dentist for a crown. That will shrink my checkbook by about $1800.00. But, I will not complain, My daughter Julie went in to her dentist this week because of some real sensitivity to cold drinks etc and ended up having three extractions because her RA had caused tooth deterioration and exposed the root and nerves. Bless her heart.

After the dentist we went out to lunch with good friend Bob and his daughter Brenda. It was our first out together since his wife Georgia Ann passed. It was good to get him out of the house and back into a familiar and happy memory situation again. His daughter is just an angel and is doing everything she can to help him with his grieving.

Yesterday afternoon then I had an appointment at Best Buy to meet with the technician in order to set up my new laptop that Heather and John bought me. I had already set a lot of it up but I wanted to make sure I had done it correctly andwanted to ask a few questions. What a waste of time that was. When you ask a "technician" a question and his every answer begins with "Well, -- I think" or "I believe", odds are that technician isn't well trained.

To finish up my yesterday, decided that what we really wanted for supper was some good french fries from somewhere, so we went to Penn Station and got an order of fries and an 8" BLT and split it. Thenwe rove across the street to Cold Stone Creamery and finished off the day in good stead.

So today I need to go fill the sunflower seed feeders and then I think we'll head to a farm stand and pick up some corn on the cob, peaches, and a watermelon. That sounds like a good summer thing to do. They have a farm stand set up at our favorite butcher shop so maybe we'll go there and pick up something to put on the grill too.

I hope that your weekend is full of God's grace and love. I hope you take the time to stop and give praise and worship to the God who created you and to the Son of God for insuring your salvation through His sacrifice. Hug your loved ones and speak kindly to strangers.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment