Monday, July 17, 2017

Another week opens up for us providing the promise of opportunities to do good things and just maybe help someone in need. It is a hot one to start off the week though and the weather folks tell us it will only get worse by weeks end because the humidity is going to just keep rising. But rather than thinking grumpy thoughts, let's remember that this same heat and humidity is making all of those ears out there on the corn stalks mature and is making those tomatoes get bigger. God always provides a rainbow or silver lining with the clouds.

I woke up this morning under the weather health wise, so I went back to bed for awhile. I think now though that my GI tract and I have agreed to co-exist without conflict and I am feeling much better. I hate waking up like that. But, I'm grateful that it seems to have pretty much passed now. (No that wasn't a pun.)

I think I am going to have to change strategies out there with the buffet. The darned blackbirds have gone through almost $30.00 worth of food since Saturday. I now have a flock of about a dozen or maybe even more that stay here constantly and they eat all of the "soft food" like the bark butter bits and the bark butter paste as well as the seed cylinders. I know they will eventually migrate on as soon as the crops are starting to be harvested in the fields. So, I think I'm going to just put out sunflower seed for while and see what happens. The cardinals and all the other birds like sunflower seeds and will eat that just fine. Even the woodpeckers like sunflower seeds and they still will have the bark butter feeder that has the holes on the bottom that I can use, and the finches still have the thistle seed to eat from the thistle feeders. We'll see what happens but I can't afford to keep feeding birds that run all of the other birds off.

We had a good weekend around here. Ms. Kate made a meatloaf and I love her meatloaf. I like to make meatloaf sandwiches and that's what I did last evening for supper. I threw a slab of a tomato on it and was a happy camper. Yesterday morning we went to church aand then went to Max & Erma's for lunch. We don't go there often but the food is usually pretty good when we do. Saturday afternoon we sat and watched the a movie  that we had bought some time ago. It was part of the Mad Max re-make series. It was very confusing and frankly Mel Gibson and Tina Turner did a much better job in the originals twenty-five years ago.

Well, I'm done for today. I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful week. Take the time to be grateful for what God has provided. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment