Friday, July 14, 2017

It's the last work day for another week if you are a Mon thru Fri type of person. I hope you have plans  then to relax and refresh yourself before you start all over again on Monday.

We had rain last night although I don't know how much or for how long. It was lightly raining as I went to bed last night and the sidewalks and street are still slightly wet this morning. It is a cloudy day and we expect more rain yet today and possibly even some strong storms. We needed the rain or at least my garden certainly needed the rain. I need to check on my garden again this morning. I think I have green beans ready to pick again. My little crop of beans do seem to put on fairly well. I have just enough out there to make a couple of servings each time I pick them. We may need to go to a farm stand somewhere today or tomorrow and pick up some produce again. Last night we finished off the corn on the cob we had bought earlier in the week. This morning Ms. Kate sectioned out the last of the cantaloupe and we are having it for breakfast this morning. I'd like to find a seedless watermelon but so far the only place I've found seedless ones are in the grocery store.

I guess I have made my backyard buffet guests wait long enough. They have emptied the feeders almost completely. I was hoping (but knew better) that the black birds and starlings would finally decide I wasn't going to refill them and would go away. But they are worse than a bad check. They just keep bouncing back. The caged feeders are made to allow the smaller birds to be able to get in and keep the bigger birds out. But these dang blackbirds just stretch their neck in as far as they can to peck  at the seed cylinders. So, I guess I'll accept defeat and give in and fill everything up again today. I also have to fill up the bird baths again. Yesterday afternoon there were three blackbirds out there in one of them and there was hardly any water left at all because of all the splashing. I know it didn't rain enough to fill them back up so I guess I'll do it.

I think I'll be spending a good part of my time today working on the sermon I'm preparing. It is on the disciple Peter and the very human journey he took to accomplish Godly things. I have a good start but as usual, my brain runs ahead of my fingers and I don't get it down like I want to the first couple of times around. The joy is in the search for sure.

The Talleys are providing my morning devotional through song. I love to listen to them sing because they put such heart and soul in their presentation. There is a special three day workshop being presented by them down in Gatlinburg in September that I would love to attend but I guess I will just be satisfied to listen to them here in my sunporch.

My morning entertainment special today is the crew of boys that are supposed to be mowing Ms. Margaret's yard. perhaps they are done but at the moment they are engaged in a flowering crabapple fight. They keep coming back and pulling crabapples off of the tree and are having a battle royale throwing them at one another. If Ms. Margaret sees them, there will be heck to pay.

Time to finish up my coffee and get on with the day. I pray your day will be filled with the love of God and the joy of the Holy Spirit. If you are making plans for the weekend --- don't forget what the Sabbath is all about. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment