Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Happy Middle Week! Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the week with triple digit heat index and humidity ranging up in the "very-humid" category. Yuk. It's all leading up to thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon and then supposedly a very nice weekend. That would be nice.

A couple of days ago I filled the bird feeders and one of the things I put out was a suet cylinder that was two inches in diameter and I guess about seven inches tall. It is made up od corn meal and peanut butter and whatever else. Well, I have watched the starlings just decimate that thing. They finished off the last crumbs of it this morning. They are such terrible birds. They fight and peck over the least little bit of food. If they want to eat off of a certain feeder and there is another bird there, they will literally land on that bird to run it off. Often they will do that and then not eat anything. They just don't want the other bird having it. They travel in little flocks of about a dozen and when they are here they just take over. Every once in a while something will stand up to them, but not often. The larger woodpeckers stand the best chance against them. In the animal world, they most remind me of a pack of hyenas.

I need to do some small limb and twig picking up in my back yard today and I also need to get some on the weeds out of my garden. I picked our couple of tomatoes yesterday but I need to pick the green beans today too, and check on the okra. I got my front yard mowed and neighbor Dan's yard mowed. That couple of inches of rain we had over the weekend really perked the grass back up and it needed mowing. The back yard --- not so much. There is so much shade back here that the grass really doesn't nee a lot of mowing during the summer. I did take the weed eater to the backyard yesterday and cleane up a couple of areas that needed it. The lilies need to have the dead stalks removed from them too. There is always something to do. I remind myself of that each time I think about buying that eight acres with the barns on it. The pictures and the drone footage show it all mowed and neat. But, that had to have been mowed with a tractor and bush-hog, neither of which do I have. I barely get my business taken care of here; I can't imagine what it would be to travel thirty minutes up the road and take care of that place. However, it doesn't mean that I don't talk to myself about it every day. LOL.

Julie and Jim are coming over this weekend. Haven't seen them since the family trip to Gatlinburg. Not only does her college bookstore keep her swamped, but now she has returned to attending college too. Just like my other girls, she's a work-a-holic. The difference between her and the other girls is that she is doing it with severe Rhumatoid Arthritis.

That's it for today. Time for a little meditation and convesation with the God who makes all things possible. I have a load of blessings to be thankful for again today and need to express that. I pray your day will be blessed and full of God's peace.

Until next time; Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment