Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hello Tuesday! Thanks for showing up. It's another swarm start to a summer day, basically a carbon copy of yesterday. (Y'all do remember what a "carbon copy" is I reckon.)

The buffet has been been slow so far this morning but business has picked up in the last fifteen minutes or so. For most of the earlier hours I only had one grackle and one downy woodpecker. Now, the cardinals have arrived along with finches, titmouse, hummingbirds, bluejay, robin and of course life would not be complete without a squirrel or two. My bird baths are really cruddy looking although they birds still drink from it and take their bath in it. But, I need to scrub them out for sure and put fresh water in them.

I need to jump on the John Deere today and mow the yards. My back yard is looking a bit shaggy and the front yard is needing it too. Ms. Kate took the Round-Up to a bunch of grass and weeds the other day and it has really done the job. I know I won't feel like doing much tomorrow afternoon because I have a dentist appointment in the morning to have a root canal done. By the time I get that done and get back home and my mouth un-numbed, it will be time to sit in my recliner for a bit.

Ms. Kate and I talked about going to Louisville today for lunch. I get these offers from her favorite restaurant, PF Chang, and I mentioned maybe going over and taking advantage of it since it is only good for three days. Tomorrow is the last day and with the tooth thing that wouldn't work. But --- I think we will not go. Some how -- doing a 250 mile round trip for a free bowl of noodles that we don't even know we would like suddenly seemed not the smartest thing we could do. And, as I said, we have things to do here today.

I got a call from the pastor of my home church last night asking if I could fill in for him on the 23rd of July. Of course I said "yes". It will be wonderful to be able to to a sermon again. I could easily "go to the well" and pull out a sermon that I've done at some point in the last decade but I've had an idea for a sermon that I have wanted to write for some time now so I need to spend some time on that.

My Weather Channel app says it is still 82 degrees outside and will be going to 93. So, it is time to throw on the jeans and ball cap and get outside and enjoy God's world from the other side of the sunporch windows. Once again I give God praise for a beautiful day and I give thanks for the blessings that surround me. I have a loving family, a home, and good friends. I've been given more grace than I deserve; (I've never deserved any)  and my salvation is secure through Jesus Christ. There is nothing more that I need. I pray you will have a most blessed day. Shalomn


No comments:

Post a Comment