Thursday, July 27, 2017

It's sprinkling, -- or is it drizzling? I think maybe sprinkling is the word I want for this morning's rain. I can barely hear it on the roof of the sunporch and as I look at the bird baths, the drops splashing in the water aren't with any regularity. I'd think if the rain were just a bit heavier then we would call it drizzle. --- Wow! A symantec argument with myself first thing this morning. It's gonna' be a strange day, I think. (or is it "thought' since I had it past tense?)

And a happy Thursday to you! Yes, it is raining and my Accu-Weather app says it will continue for at least another two hours. We have a possibility of strong storms this afternoon, but right now it is a "perfect slow rain". It makes the flowers stand up --- and the eyelids droop. LOL

The buffet this morning doesn't have a lot of visitors at the moment. Mostly I have just sparrows, a goldfinch or two, a hummingbird, and a starling and a grackle. The starling and the grackle are taking turns trying to get the last vestiges of food out of a feeder that they can barely get their head into. It is designed to let the small birds in and keep the large birds out. Much better in concept than practicality. I told you yesterday that they decimated the cylinder of suet and it was totally gone. Now they are trying to get at what was a larger caged block of a seedcake that is advertised "for woodpeckers". However, not many woodpeckers get to eat from it because of the black birds of all types. But, they too are God's creatures and at the moment, nothing else is trying to eat that food, so what the heck?

I think this morning's breakfast will be a couple of chocolate chip, chocolate cupcakes. Ms. Kate made up a dozen of them yesterday morning and they are delicious. They are from a box mix from "Simple Mornings", and they remind me of the larger version of cupcakes that we used to get from Sam's. Heather introduced us to these Simple Mornings mixes down in TN while we were on vacation.  So, if you happen to be in the baking aisle of your grocery, see if they have them and try a box or two.

We finished planning our fall vacation trip. It will take us a couple of weeks and I am really excited about it. It looks like we'll be traveling about 3400 miles and only have one really long hard day of travel. Sometimes the towns and cities are just too far apart to find accomodations. So our second day out we'll be putting in about 600 miles. That's a long day for us. We generally like to top end it at no more than 450 miles.

Time to refill the coffee cup and grab a cupcake. The rain has stopped for the moment and the buffet guests are arriving. Have a pleasant day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment