Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Good morning and a very happy Tuesday to you. It's another bright and warm summer morning, not quite eighty degrees yet but almost. There is very little wind stirring so hot will be hot. I didn't get my yard mowed yesterday so I reckon I'll do that today at some point.

We did get up to see friend Bob yesterday again. We had a nice visit with him and came away with a box full of summer squash. We also picked up some corn on the cob at a farm stand and last night Ms. Kate fixed corn on the cob, summer squash, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from our Garden and I fixed pork steaks on the grill. It was a delicious summer time meal. In my mind, summer time is all about the fresh veggies and then winter is all about all of the wonderful soups that Ms. Kate makes. Bob sent enough squash home with us that I think Ms. Kate is going to freeze some of it for vgatable soup at a later date.

I filled bird feeders and bird baths again yesterday so all of my buffet guests are happy. My nocturnal guests are happy too. I saw a feeder swinging in the dark last night and opened up the door and found a small raccoon ou there happily eating from one of the feeders. I tried to shoo it away but it just sat there and looked at me and went right back to eating. So I got my BB gun and shot it point blank. Well, it jumped down and tried to hide behind a couple of branches so I shot it again. Then it dropped down to the ground and tried to peek around the tree at me so I shot it again. By then it took the hint and started across the yard. About half way to the yard barn it stopped and looked back at me so I shot it again. Finally it ran off. Needless to say, I'm not hurting it and I'm only an interruption to snack time.

Did you ever want something just because you wanted it? I'm that way about certain things and one of them is land. I'd love to own some small acreage with a barn on it and a pond. Well, last evening I found just such a place about thirty miles north of us up in Princeton IN. It is eight acres, has two barns on it and a stocked pond. It has electricity and water and they only want $110,000.00 for it which is really a great price. The land is flat and it is cleared and fish are in the pond just waiting for me to come pull them out. But you see, I have no idea what I would do with it if I had it and a certainly don't have $110K to spend like that. So, I have marked the website in my computer and I will pull it up and salivate over it once in a while until I get over it. I had really hoped to have just such a place when I retired from the Air Force but at the time there just wasn't any such thing available, so we settled for living in a subdivision which was the absolute last thing I wanted. But --- having said that, I do love the house we are living in. I just wish it was surrounded by a few acres instead of a 14,000 sq. Ft. lot. I told Ms. Kate last night that I could be out there every day on my John Deere if I had this new property. Somehow though, I think it would become a job rather than a hobby. Oh well.

It isn't getting any cooler today so I guess I better get out of my recliner and into my blue jeans and get to work. I hope you have a blessed day, mine already has been. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment