Thursday, July 6, 2017

Good morning to July 6th! Join me as we sit in the sunporch and listen to the patter of rain drops hitting the roof.

I was up too early this morning; it happens that way sometimes. But it gave me a chance to greet my early arrivals at the buffet. Unfortunately, I as there but theyweren't. I turned on the coffee pot and sat down to read my email just as the rain started.  It hasn't amounted to much; just some simple showers so far. We are supposed to have this most of the day and maybe even in to tomorrow. I certainly don't mind, we need some rain.  And --- the robin is happy and hopping all over the yard as the rain soaks in and drives the earthworms to the surface. Stubby is here and is doing is acrobatic manuevers to eat.  He isn't being helped by the fact that the branches are wet, nor are the other squirrels helped by the fact that the metal poles they need to climb are wet. There has been a lot of of jump up and slide back down for a while now.

We stayed home all day yesteday waiting on UPS to deliver my new Microsoft Pro tablet that Heather and John bought me for my birthday. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but that didn't happen So, we'll wait around here again today and see what happens. They ordered it hrough Best Buy while we were all on vacation. I've received the keyboard but not the tablet. Heather really likes Best Buy and has a good one close to her. On the other hand, I don't buy from them here because I've never heard one good thing said about our local store and I've heard story after story  about their poor service and the way they treat their customers. Ms. Kate and I have gone shopping in  our local store and our experience generally is that we end up with a salesperson that has been on the job for less than a week and know very little about their store or their products.

My "still need to read" Stephen King books are stacking up beside my chair. Julie bought me two new ones for Father's Day. One of them is a book called Stephen King and Philosophy. I think I will really enjoy that one since I was a Philosophy Minor for my Under Graduate degree. As much as I have enjoyed King's novels over the past thirty years, it will be interesting to maybe get an insight into the worlds he creates in his books. The other book is a book he co-authored with another writer I have not heard of.

So, I guess my rainy day plan is to just do some reading. Ms. Kate is working on creating cards out here in the sunporch. She has so much stuff and so many supplies that she has literally crowded herself out of her office. So, she has expanded for awhile. Bless her little heart.

Tomorrow morning I finally get to go to the dentist off and have something done about my broken tooth. Thank the Lord there has been no pain associated with it other than the sharp edges rubbing against my tongue. I suspect it is going to take a crown which isn't cheap. What broke out was an old silver filling the size if a pea. I'll just be glad to have it taken care of.

Have a wonderful day. Take time to share a hug or two with your friends and share a smile with people you don't know. Life is too short to go through life being a grump. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment