Saturday, July 22, 2017

Happy Saturday once again! This week sure rolled through quickly didn't it? I think the only thing I have talked about this week is the heat. This morning is no different. It is just past 0900 and the heat index is already at 92 degrees. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the day does it? I think it is going to be another stay inside day. Although, it does look like I need to fill a feeder or two and of course the bird baths.

I'm giving the sermon tomorrow at my home church, I probably told you that. So today I also have to go over that again and read through it a couple of times so I'm totally familiar with what I wrote. (That sounds like a silly thing to say doesn't it?) I just want to be able to "give it" as opposed to "read it". It comes out much more natural that way. If you are a public speaker, you'll know exactly what I mean. I find it extremely interesting that my daughter Julie, who has chosen to go back to college at fifty years of age, is most terrified at taking her class on public speaking. That girl can talk to anybody about almost anything. She is a natural born conversationalist.  But, put her where she has to make a presentation and she gets totally nervous. I on the other hand have been in front of people almost all of my life either playing music, or speaking and it doesn't bother me at all. I started playing the accordion in front of people at about six years of age. (If you can proudly stand there like a geek at that age, you have the world by its collar.)  By the sixth grade I had put together a little German Band and played my cornet for crowds like the Farm Bureau and church etc and was winning music contests left and right. In high school, I formed a little five piece combo and we played for all sorts of  things.  However, I'm not, and never have been  a good "one on one" conversationalist. I envy people who can just join in a working conversation and feel right at home. I reckon we all have our limitations and we don't like to stray out of our wheel house.

I'm seeing the very first of the leaves drop from the trees already. Of course I know that it is because of the heat, but, it just kind of reminds me that August is slipping up on us in another week and kids will be going back to school in maybe three weeks. Time does march on. Ms. Kate and I don't have any more vacations planned until December but maybe we need to re-think that for somethiing to do in September too when the leaves start to turn and maybe the weather gets a little cooler. It isn't like we are constrained by having to get our kids back in school or anything like that. And by then, all of the summer vacationers will have come back home. Yep, --- we need to think about that.

Saturday is here and I hope you are getting a chance to relax with your family and preparing to go to a house of worship at some point this weekend. God spentthe week providing for you. Take time now to return to Him with praise and thanksgiving. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment