Monday, July 31, 2017

A beautiful morning greeted me today once again. It is currently 77 degrees with a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky. The humidity is in the "tolerable" range and temp is only going up to 88 today. All in all, a great way to start the week off.

I filled fifteen of the feeders last night and my guests so far this morning have been cardinals, hummingbirds, gold finches and woodpeckers. Neither the blackbirds nor the squirrels have discovered that the buffet is fully stocked once again. The pleasant addition today has been the amount of butterflies I have out there on the phlox. I see seven at the moment. So it is a relaxing view as I sit here with my cup of coffee admiring God's handi-work and count it as blessing.

Julie, Jim and the pups did come over on Friday afternoon and spent the weekend with us. It is always wonderful to have the kids come by. We went out to uroni's for pizza on Friday evening. That's always a good place to go. Saturday we went out to breakfast then to my sister-in-law's house and picked up some fresh veggies she wanted to share, then to Mr. Bob's house to get squash and sweet corn, and finally to the grocery. We came home and dropped off our produce and croceries and Ms. Kate, the Jim, Julie, and I went bowling. That didn't go well. The very first ball I threw, my foot "stuck" instead of sliding and I "face-planted" in the alley and gutter. I banged the heck out of my knee and it hurt like the dickens. Then a family came to bowl in the alley next to us and I don't think they had ever been in a bowling alley. They were all up in their alley and ours, taking "selfies" and dancing around. One of us would start to deliver our ball and one of them would jump up and bowl in front of us. So --- we only bowled the one game and we left. The alley manager did give us three passes for a free game the next time we go there. The good news is that my knee is a lot better by now. It is still very sore to touch but I have no problem walking.

So, today's activities will include changing the sheets on the guest bed and washing them up, mowing the lawn, and taking Ms. Kate to the Apple Store to have her IPad reset. She has no volume or sound on it unless she uses her ear phones. Julie spent a good deal of time yesterday backing it up and getting her ready to take it to the dealer for the reset. I also need to get a new alarm clock. I've been wanting a "Baby Ben" but haven't found one yet. I had an alarm clock but the ringer on it quit. Then I got another one but it ticks so pound that it keeps you awake. It sounds like the crocodile in the Peter Pan story. LOL And, while we are out I guess I'll go rob a bank  or somethiing so I can go to the bird feed store. I'm out of about everything again. It's a $100.00 bill minimum everytime I have to restock like this.  Uh oh ---- the first starling just showed up. There goes the neighborhood.

I hope your week is filled with good things and I hope you spend the week in touch with God. Doing so will just make the week go so much easier and stress free. Be kind to your neighbors and smile at people whether you know them or not. You just might be the only bright spot in some one's day. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment