Thursday, August 25, 2016

Thursday afternoon, 91 degrees and sunny. The humidity will suck the life out of you if you are out side for very long. I spent some time out there this morning. I got the trimming done and the yards all mowed. It looks a lot better around here again. 

The bad thing about this being Thursday is that Heather and Lauren are going to be leaving tomorrow and heading over to Julie and Jim's house. Then we'll meet up with them on Saturday up in Crawfordsville where she is going to run her races on Sunday. Lauren's dad will fly in on Saturday evening and them after the races Lauren and her dad will be heading off to Michigan where she will race next weekend and Heather will fly back home on Sunday. It is a short but much loved visit. This evening we are meeting for supper at the Log Inn with Ms. Kathy's side of the family. They all plan to go to the races on Sunday too. We had Lauren Woods team shirts made so we should be a good looking fan club on Sunday at the races. I'm really hoping the weather holds out and we don't have storms on Sunday. That would be miserable for all concerned. This will be the first time that the family has had a chance to see her race in person and everybody is excited about it. 

We've had a wonderful visit with these two though. Just a lot of gabbing and eating and more gabbing. Yesterday we did a little running around and picked up a trainer stand for Lauren to attach to her mountain bike for exercising. It took her and me awhile to get it assembled and placed on her bike. It wasn't hard --- we just didn't know what we were doing. LOL And --- we even read the directions several times. 

I've had to fill bird feeders two days in a row. I can't believe how quickly the hummingbirds empty these feeders. But the fact that we are getting more hummingbirds far outweighs the cost of a little sugar water.  I'm sending one of the hummerbar feeders back to CA with Heather. They have a lot of hummingbirds all the time. When we were out there for the wedding, I'd sit out in their outdoor area and the hummingbirds would come up and buzz right infront of your face and then fly off. When we lived out there back in the early 90's, they woud do the same thing when we would be sitting out on our porch. It used to really tickle my grandson Josh, who was just a kid then. 

Well, if I hurry, I can get in a quick power nap before I have to take people to dinner. I hope your evening is a good one. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment