Saturday, August 6, 2016

Good morning on this cloudy, 81 degree morning. There is little to no breeze out there this morning but the humidity has dropped quite a bit. That should make for a more comfortable day, and no rain is projected. All in all, it is supposed to be a nice day. Miss. Kate and I need to find something to do today that isn't work. It has been one of those weeks where everyday was full of things to be done or people to take care of. Today the schedule is empty. Of course, I guess I could go down and do a little writing since I haven't written a full paragraph this week. But then I'd defeat the purpose of taking a day off wouldn't I?

My aviary friends are satisfied this morning. I filled fifteen feeders yesterday afternoon so everybody has plenty. If we go out today I may pick up another 40 lb bag of sunflower seed. The can is about half empty so it will hold that much anyway. The hummingbirds are busy this morning. They eat, they buzz around, they chase one another, and every once in a while, they will stop and land on a small limb and rest. As much energy as they burn, it is no wonder they eat constantly. It always amazes me that these tiny things fly hundreds and even a thousand miles for their migration pattern. It gives real meaning to the the song title; "His Eye is on the Sparrow".

I''m hearing a lot of noise outside the yard and to the right. So I had to go check of course to see who was doing what. My next door neighbor to the right is pressure washing his side of the fence that divides our property. It is his fence to do so. But --- I doubt he knows just how bad the pickets are on that fence. He's liable too blow several of them off. I've gone out there several times and put new screws in the boards so they will stay in place in the last couple of months because they had rotted off of the screws that were holding them. Ms. Kate and I replaced all of our fencing several years ago with pressure treated lumber and our boards are in pretty good shape yet; although it really needs painting or something. We used an excellent paint on it but that does eventually wear off in the weather. We discussed having a new fence put in but I know that would really run up some money. The biggest problem with our fence is that it was not professionally built in the first place and the spacing isn't even between the fence posts, which are in concrete. So, when we replaced the fencing, we replaced it panel by panel. I'd take a panel down, use it as a template and rebuild the new panels exactly like the old. It worked; but it wasn't great. We'll see what happens now with the fence Jeff is washing.

Time to refill the coffee cups and maybe fix a pan of sweet rolls. I hope you have a most wonderful day and a blessed weekend. God is good; all the time. Stop and give thanks for your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment