Saturday, August 13, 2016

I've been listening to the ding, ding, ding of smartphone conversations between my girls since about 0630. We have a long running conversation going that goes back a couple of years on Facebook Messenger. We created a "message group" and call it The Committee. We just never shut it down and when someone happens to be on they will type in a message and see who is on and wants to chat. I love that capability. It is like my girls are always just in the next room and I can talk to them anytime I want. I've been talking to them for about an hour and now Ms. Kate and Lisa are talking. The rest of the committee just comes in and out as they want to.

There is no sunshine in the sky this morning. We're actually just waiting on the rain to start. We are supposed to be in for a lot of it. I've heard some thunder in the distance but we are dry so far. It could miss us completely and I'd just be a happy camper. I'm tired of rain.

I filled fifteen feeders yesterday. Two of the ones up here by the house are already half empty. All of the feeders are busy this morning. The birds obviously have instincts about the weather that is coming in and they are filling up now. I guess it's kind of like humans when they hear a storm or a snow storm is coming ---- they run and stock up on bread and milk whether they ever eat bread and milk any other time or not.

Ms. Margaret's lawn crew is out there this morning. They won't take long. There is a young girl (13 or so) that is doing the back yard and she is moving quick. I don't know if her mower is self propelled or not but she is quick. I'll bet they are done in less than twenty minutes. Her biggest obstacle over there is Ms. Margaret's flowering crabapple tree. It is out of control and hangs low so they really have to duck down to get under it. It is beautiful when it blooms but the rest of the time it is just a mess. It needs some serious love and attention.

The hummingbirds are really working their feeders over this morning. Last night I took one of those hummerbar a to my sister-in-law Karen. She has several hummingbirds and can put it to good use. We cleaned our hummerbar out yesterday and put in fresh food. I put any guard cups at each end to keep the ants out of the feeders

I need to get outside and clean the leaves out of one gutter befor the rain starts so I'm going to leave you alone til Monday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment