Thursday, August 4, 2016

Happy Thursday morning! This week has flown by and has been an extra busy week. There hasn't been a lot of chair sitting and relaxing opportunities and tomorrow morning will be about the same with another early morning hospital /parishioner visit.

Today however, my calendar is allegedly clear and maybe I'll get some work done in my offfice. I've only gotten about a half a page written on a sermon since Tuesday morning. I know I'm ahead still but I like to stay that way. That is how I handle weeks like this one has been and why I always try to work ahead.

Yesterday I spent the morning until around noon up at my sister-in-law's place mowing her yard. I told you that she was in the hospital in my Tuesday writing. Well, Tuesday evening I went up and started on her yard because it had really gotten tall. But, we've been dodging rain all week. I got a start on it but the mower started really leaving a lot of clumps and the I wasn't sure why. And it was almost dark, so I stopped and went back yesterday morning. Karen has a really nice John Deere, with a bagger system on it. I never use a bigger so I'm not familiar with the things that could go wrong. Well, bottom  line is that due to the wet and heavy grass, the discharge chute had gotten clogged up. Once I fixed that, it worked fine. She has a large yard and it took about three and a half hours to get it done. But, I love her JD. It is one of those that has four wheel steering which I think is better than a ZTR. Heck, if I had time, I'd go mow her yard more often just to ride that mower. But -- I'd have to wrestle her for it cause she likes using it too. (I think I could take her.) ---- The good news is that Karen got to come home from the hospital yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday was Wednesday and of course that meant it was also "bulletin running day". Lord know, I wouldn't want to change routine and maybe do it today. LOL. I also had a parishioner coming in for some counseling so that took care of my afternoon and part of my evening. Today my front yard and Dan's yard could use morning again but I think I'll save that for tomorrow and hope it doesn't rain, although I think the forecast calls for pop-up showers today and tomorrow. I know the heat index is supposed to go to 103 today.  Maybe being inside is a good idea.

My in-attention to my birdfeeders find several of them empty this morning so I reckon I better do something about that today. I only have maybe four cardinals out there this morning and some downy woodpeckers. There is a blackbird and a couple of doves that are walking around the yard cleaning up dropped residual from under the feeders. Ms. Kate told me that the hummingbird has really taken to the "hummerbar" feeder that I put out there. I probably need to change out the feed in that one too and keep it fresh.

The phlox, the Black-eyed Susan's,, the knock-out Rose's and the Magic Lilies are all blooming and the butterflies and the hummer are taking full advantage for thee blooms. The finches are eating the seeds from the phlox. It is a peaceful setting and God speaks in the stillness. Everyday I give God praise for the planet on which we live. It is a wonderful world. Take a few minutes today and just look around you. No matter where you are --- if you just look for it you will see the handiwork of the Creator. Take time to give God praise today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment