Monday, August 29, 2016

I have lived most of the past fifty years with my measuring of time by event or "suspenses" for things to get done. For the past several months one of the big events that loomed on the calendar and we all looked forward to was Lauren and Heather coming to Indiana so Lauren could race. Well, that time came slowly and then got here and passed entirely too quickly. She did the race yesterday; -- we had a great representation from Ms. Kate's side of the family and we all drove the 175 miles up to Crawfordsville and watched her race. She did well. If she finishes in the top ten, we figure it to be a good ride and she did. The top four finishers in the WMX races are always the top four finishers in the races so we felt good about her performance.  Now, she and her dad are on the way to Michigan for their next race next weekend and the rest of us are back home and back to our daily routines. After she finishes Michigan, I think she may bow out of the last three races as they are all on the east coast, and Lauren lives in California.

I'm seeing a lot of empty feeders out there this morning including the hummingbird feeders being almost empty again. We'll have to do something about that after while. Last night after we got home, I was sitting here in the sunporch relaxing and playing Bingo on my IPad when I saw something moving outside just the ther side of the door. I went over and checked and it was a cut little black with white stripes critter and no it wasn't Sylvester the cat. It was a small skunk and it was cleaning up residue under the bird feeders that other critters had dropped. Needless to say, I did not bother it. It wasn't bothering me and I wasn't about to bother it. I can just imagine opening the door, scaring it, and filling the house with skunk oder. No, thank you very much.  -----  I took a break and went out and filled the Hummingird feeders. Ms. Kate mixed up two batches, one for each feeder. The ant guards were dry and of course the red ants had clogged up the ports of one of the feeders. So, I cleaned it all up and put water in the guards. The little buzz wings should be happy once again. Old Fuss-a-lot the bluejay has been here most of the morning. He fusses, he eats, and he fusses some more. It is missing a lot of its feathers around its neck. I don't know if it has something wrong with it or what, but it looks like a small buzzard in stead of a bluejay when it stretches it neck out to reach some food.

I'm still on vacation for the next couple of days but I got some stuff that needs doing for the churches so we'll do little, take a nap -- repeat! LOL  With that, I will finish up my coffee and get ready for the day to begin. I give God thanks for this goriest weekend and the fact that our kiddos drove the 2100 miles or so with no accidents or incidents. I will pray for that to continue as they do this next race and then head back to CA.

May God grant you a day with nothing but good things and the strength to handle the things that may not be as good. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment