Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Another rainy morning, --- what else is new? At least the rain is light and as much of a mist as it is an actual rain. It's one of those rains that just keeps the windshield a mess when you are driving behind a semi-trailer.

We are out and about this morning, starting at the Orthopedic doctor for Ms. Kate to get another cortisone shot in her hand. From there we need to go to Sam's, Hobby Lobby, Wildbirds and Things, Fresh market and CVS to pick up my prescription. Hopefully at some point along the way the rain will stop. And --- hopefully along the way I'll find a plate of biscuits and gravy. Can't let a man starve and expect him to hold down parking spots ya' know.

I spent some time last night working on a my continuity folder for whoever will be my replacement when I retire. I've put a lot of information on a flash drive so they can just plug it in and will have all of the template for the bulletins and different things that I do. Of course, perhaps they will want to do something totally different. I don't have a problem with that. I just feel that I should do whatever I can to help out. Neither church has a secretary nor any technology so I'm not sure what they are going to do. I know they won't have a permanent pastor chosen yet and may not even have an interim pastor chosen. So if they end up with a different pastor every week, ------ well who knows? I asked them last Sunday if the Search Committee had met and they said it had; although they also said it was an hour and a half that wasn't very productive. That is totally to be expected. The first thing I think they need to do is to develope a profile for the parish. That way prospective pastor can see what the church expects from a pastor. It is a long and complicated process and I almost feel guilty leaving them to have to go through this. However -- they would have to go through it at some point.

Ms. Kate and I have a bunch of work to do because we need to get the house ready for company next week. Heather and Lauren are driving across country for Lauren to race at a track north of us on the 28th. They are going to be spending two nights at our place first and will be here on the 24th. We are excited about the whole thing. We are planning a gathering of the family, (cousins etc.) at a local restaurant on the 25th and then all of the cousins and us, and Karen will be going up for the races. It is going to be exciting because none of the family besides Ms. Kate and I have seen her race. She is dynamic on the motorcycle. She will leave Indiana and go to Michigan for another race a week later. That will close out her season for the year.

It is really raining much harder now but, that is fine; I'm not out in it. I hope your day has more sunshine than mine does. But, even though it is racing --- I've got sunshine in my soul. Have a most wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment