Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I'm not sure but I think this is day six of rain and the second month in a row of more days of rain than sunshine. This has certainly been a wet summer. I know it isn't as bad here as it is in other parts of the country and we haven't had the flooding that some parts of the country have had, so I can't complain. But I do hope that it backs off for awhile. We were in Cracker Barrel Restaurent yesterday having lunch and there were a lot of senior citizens coming in and out. I told Ms. Kate that it looked like everyone of them was "wearing the weather". They all looked so grumpy and cranky, and from what conversations I could overhear, they were cranky and grumpy.

My feeders need filling again. With the rain I haven't been going out as often to fill them so my backyard guests are cleaning the feeders out. We were supposed to go to the Wildbirds and Things yesterday and restock the supply but just didn't make it there. I'm not totally sure what I'm short on except for bark butter bits and paste. I only have a couple of suet feeder cakes left, and the safflower seed is gone. They sure do go through stuff quickly. Right now I must have 30 or so birds out there eating. I particularly enjoy watching the "hummingbird dance" as I call it. It looks like I'm missing a feeder again this morning. They probably knocked it down. The squirrels, possums, and raccoons do come through and try to eat off of things they can't but they knock them down in their efforts.

I've been enjoying my cousin's photos on Facebook. Where I have birds, She has deer and heron to watch every day. She has a couple of does and young fawns and even a couple of bucks that play in her yard and around her lake everyday. Of course they are also eating in the soybean fields next to the farm and I suspect they are also eating from the corn field which isn't great for profit. But they are cute to look at.

It is Wednesday and that means going to the churches today. I think I may run both this week's bulletins and also next week's too with the newsletter. Next week Heather and Lauren will be coming in and I'll have enough other things to be doing to get ready for their visit. If I work ahead that will take a little of the pressure off. This Sunday we have an infant baptism to do. I love doing those. It might just be a favorite part of being a pastor; the dedication of children to God is just so very special to me.

I guess I need to finish my coffee and get my day going. The rain has stopped and the radar shows it now to the south of us and moving out of the area. I would say "gotta' make hay while the sun shines" but the grass would be too wet to cut and the sun isn't shining. So, I'll just get busy. Have a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment