Friday, August 5, 2016

Hot, hot Friday! Heat index is between 105 & 110 despite the ambient temp being only 88 degrees. While it is overcast somewhat, I wouldn't be surprised to see a big ole' nasty summer storm pop up any time. Although --- my radar app shows the storm going north and east of us.

The heat even has the birds agitated. I must have at least a dozen sparrows and finches out there trying to eat off of the suet feeders and they are spending more time fighting than they are eating. The blue jays is pecking at the cardinals, the doves are fussing at each other, the downy woodpeckers are pecking at the finches --- it's a mess out there today. I have two hummingbirds and of course they are fighting because it's totally in their territorial nature to do so.

My morning started off as scheduled this morning with a hospital visit. I went Assad set with a family this morning while one of the family had to have a kidney biopsy. She made it through the procedure just fine and now they just wait for the results which should be to her doctor's office in a few days. We pray for the best results and trust in God's grace. Beyond that, worrying about it won't change any results. If the mass they tested this morning proves to be benign; we would have worried for nothing. If the mass proves to be cancerous; worrying about it wouldn't have made it better or worse. So, we pray for strength and patience.

The grass looks like it has dried out from rais and dews, so maybe I should jump on the JD and take care of my front yard and Dan's yard. It won't be that hot riding on the mower because there is a slight breeze out there and if the sun stays behind the clouds it won't feel so bad.

From the looks of things, I better be sure and fill the feeders today too. It looks like all of the sunflower seed feeders are empty. That's why they are all crowding around the suet feeders etc. What I'm surprised at though is that there is no birds in the bird baths splashing around. I need to check them too.

I think I'll finish this cup of coffee and get busy. It's Friday so I hope you have time to enjoy your weekend. Call someone you love, go visit a friend, do something with your spouse; --- just get out and enjoy the world and blessings that God has provided. But --- don't forget to take time to be grateful foro those blessings and give thanks to the Lord. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment