Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. It was one of those busy days and I just didn't get around to writing. But I got some good stuff done anyway.

My morning started off with doing a funeral. A lifetime friend from my home church passed away on Friday night and the family called me and asked if I would do his funeral. Of course I said "yes". I have known the man for 67 years and he was a positive influence in my life. How could I not give up some time and do his funeral? So, much of my weekend was dedicated to preparing for that including a Sunday afternoon visitation at the funeral home. There was a large turnout for the funeral and it was also good to see folks from my home church again. I don't know if we will return to that church when I retire at the end of November or not. The church has changed a lot since I left it They had a pastor a couple of years ago that really was an ill fit for the church and the result was a bunch of in-fighting and many of the people my age left the church. They have had an interim at the church for the past two years but I understand her term is up in January and I don't know what their plans are.

I filled twenty feeders yesterday. I had to clean some of them up because residue had built up in them and the seeds weren't able to come out. Ms. Kate and I also cleaned up the birdbaths so they are full of fresh clean water. There have been a lot of visitors to them this morning. We also had to refill the hummingbird feeders because they were empty. We have a steady three and possibly a fourth one now. The amount of buzzing around that goes on here is so much fun to watch.

Speaking of watching it ---- it is easier to do today. I cleaned five of the sunporch windows on the outside that had really gotten bad from dirt and rain splashing on them and the occasional bird poop getting on the. This morning the picture is clearer than it has been all summer.

Sunday we had a wonderful crowd at church --- over eighty people. I know that because we made eighty bulletins and we ran out. That is a great problem to have.  We had an infant baptism and that usually brings in a few more folks. I love doing infant baptisms, I said that before. The baby was good through it and only fussed a little bit, and then settled down in my arms as I walked the aisle with it to introduce it to it's new faith family.

Ms. Kate and I have several things to get done today. Heather and Lauren are still on the road and heading this way. They spent last night on Goodland KS. They should spend one more night on the road and come in tomorrow. However, they might in fact drive straight through and get her tonight. That would put them about sixteen hours of driving today including getting through Kansas City and St. Louis. I really hope they will stop tonight. But, --- I also know the stubborn will of the two of them. So --- send prayers up for their safe travels please.

The work won't get done with me sitting here so I better get out of the recliner and get to it. I hope your day is fully blessed. God gave me another day on earth today so my day has already been blessed. Take a few minutes today and stop and count your blessings and give thanks for them. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment